Morning departures everyday
This guided 4-hour Rome Walking Food Tour gives you an opportunity to experience Rome like a local in the foodie neighborhood of Testaccio. Away from tourist crowds you will get to see where people live, eat and shop. Featuring seven authentic food stops where you get to savor 12 fabulous tastings, on our Taste of Testaccio Tour you really get to experience the best of what Rome has to offer.
Along the way you’ll be dazzled with entertaining stories and insights into Rome’s culture and history, while exploring the city’s most fascinating offbeat landmarks. So join us and discover the real Rome!
- Taste why Volpetti has been Rome’s top gourmet food store for 40 years
- Savor Rome’s 3 most famous pasta dishes with wine at Flavio al Velavevodetto
- Experience real Rome street food – the suppli’ (fried risotto ball) from the NY Times acclaimed 00100 Pizza
- Sample pizza by the slice at Volpetti Piu - - ranked in the top 10 in all of Rome
- Make your own bruschetta & try real buffalo mozzarella at the famous Testaccio Market
- Become a gelato expert by learning how to spot the fake stuff from the real thing
- Cannoli at Dess’Art from famous Sicilian pastry chef, Constanza Fortuna
- Tiramisu in a chocolate cup from Barberini, the neighborhood’s best pastry shop
- Rome’s only Pyramid, John Keats mysterious tomb, the glimpse into Imperial Rome’s food scene and much much more…
- Authentic, delicious, and substantial food tastings at 9 unforgettable places
- Experienced, friendly and ALWAYS entertaining guides with fluency in English
- Our Food Lovers’ Guide to Rome – our tried and tested guide on where to eat in Rome
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
We do not organize or provide transport to and from the tour. Detailed information for how to arrive to the meeting point, including exact address, will be provided to you at time of booking. The end point is reasonably close to the meeting point and is well connected by public transport.
At the end of the tour, our guides are always more than happy to call a taxi for you or point you in the right direction.
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Things to Bring: Please bring a bottle of water or you can purchase one at the meeting point. If rain is forecast, bring an umbrella as you will be outside for much of the tour.
What to wear: While the area is quite flat please make sure to wear comfortable shoes for walking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made 3 weeks prior to the scheduled tour date are fully refundable.
Rain, hail or shine: Our tours run regardless of weather conditions.
When and Where: Daily at 9:45am, 10:30am, 11:15am except Sundays. The tour takes place in the neighborhood of Testaccio, a 10 minute walk from Piramide Metro Station. Exact meeting address and detailed directions are provided with your booking confirmation.
Unavailable Dates: All Sundays, Italian National Holidays and approximately 10 days in mid-August (see calendar).