This guided 4-hour Rome Walking Food Tour offers you an opportunity to experience Rome like a local in an actual neighborhood where people live, eat and shop. We take you to seven authentic places to savor 12 fabulous food tastings and taste the best foods in Rome. Along the way you'll be dazzled with entertaining stories and insights into Rome’s culture and history, while exploring the city's most fascinating offbeat landmarks. Join us and discover the Real Rome!
- Taste why Volpetti has been Rome's top gourmet food store for 40 years
- Savor 3 of Rome's most famous pasta dishes with wine at Flavio al Velavevodetto
- Taste suppli' (fried risotto ball) from the NY Times acclaimed 00100 Pizza
- Sample the # 3 Ranked slice of pizza in all of Rome from Volpetti Piu
- Make bruschetta & try real buffalo mozzarella at the famous Testaccio Market
- Become a gelato-eating expert by learning how to spot the fake stuff from the real thing
- Cannoli at Dess'Art from famous Sicilian pastry chef, Constanza Fortuna
- Tiramisu in chocolate cups from Barberini, the neighborhood's best pastry shop
- Visit Rome's only Pyramid, John Keats mysterious tomb, the birthplace of Rome's mob gang and much much more...
Things To Bring
Please bring a bottle of water or you can purchase one at the caffe at the meeting place. While the area is very flat please make sure to wear comfortable shoes for walking and if rain is in the forecast we recommend that you bring an umbrella as we will be outside for most of the tour.
The price includes all 12 food-tastings, our beautiful Food Lovers Guide to Rome, and an always entertaining and personable guide with mother-tongue English.
Transportation to and from the tour is not included nor are we able to arrange that for you. We are more than happy to call a taxi for any clients that are in need of one.
Cancellations made 3 weeks prior to the scheduled tour date are fully refundable.Tours run regardless of weather conditions.
Several morning departures daily except Sunday. Tour takes place in the Testaccio neighborhood, a 10 minute walk from the Piramide Metro Station. Exact meeting address and detailed directions included with order confirmation.
All Sundays, National Italian Holidays, and 10 days in Mid-August (see calendar)
Transportation to and from our Rome Food tour is not included. The tour ends a few blocks from the meeting point which is a short walk from the metro station. Your guide will call a taxi for any participants that are in need of one.
Why are the prices converting into US Dollars?
Our credit card processing is located in the U.S. therefore we must charge your credit card in dollars.