REAL FOOD. REAL PLACES. REAL PEOPLE.
As recommended by 99% of users on TripAdvisor
Florence – birthplace of the Renaissance and home to Michelangelo’s famous statue of David, not to mention the world-renowned Uffizi Gallery. But Did you know that Tuscan cuisine holds its own among the tastiest regions in Italy? Or that Florentine people are more likely to eat a bowl of bread and bean soup than a plate of pasta?
On our 4-hour walking food tour through Oltrarno – the Florentine equivalent of Paris’ left bank – you’ll get to taste what makes this city’s cuisine so special and unique within Italy. Through countless food and wine tastings at 8 authentic stops, you’ll learn how to make Italian cantucci (cookies), you’ll sample the local salami, and you’ll experience the neighborhood’s Bohemian vibe – full of students, artists and lively culture. You will meet the families that have been serving up the foodie treasures locals have savored for generations. Come join us for an unforgettable day of food and fun in Florence!
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE
- Watch how Cantucci (Italian cookies, often known as biscotti) are made – and of course get to taste them afterwards!
- Sample typical Tuscan cheeses and our deliciously fennel-spiced salami, Finocchiona.
- Sink your teeth into a typical Tuscan Crostino, washed down with a glass of the region’s famous wine: Chianti.
- Visit an authentic Italian trattoria, and taste one of their seasonal soups or stews.
- Try real-deal Gelato – we promise you’ll never look at frozen treats the same way again!
- For the adventurous foodies, try Florence’s famous Lampredotto (cow stomach sandwich) – better than it sounds!
- Wander down cobblestoned streets as your expert guide makes the city’s history come to life.
- Experience Florence’s Bohemian side in one of Oltrarno’s quintissential cafes.
Tour bookings are fully refundable up to 48 hours before your tour date, and we can also swap you into a different tour if there’s availability. A change of plans is no problem.
Good to Know
Entertaining and personable English speaking guide
Food Lovers’ Guide: full of insider’s tips and details
What to Bring
Bring a bottle of water or you can purchase one at the meeting point
We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes
If rain is forecast, bring an umbrella as we will be outside for most of the tour
Get to the tour
Transportation to and from the food tour is not included, and we are unable to arrange this for you
Detailed information for how to arrive to the meeting point will be provided at time of booking
At the end of the food tour, our guides are always more than happy to call a taxi for you or point you in the right direction
Eating Italy’s Foodie Guide To Florence
Our Foodie Guide to Florence offers you insider’s tips on how to make the most of your visit. We’ve gathered together our favorite attractions, restaurants, bars and places to stay in Florence, as well as our very own shortlist of not-to-be-missed food and drinks!