As recommended by 99% of users on TripAdvisor
An unforgettable evening eating and drinking around Florence’s hippest neighborhood
Set off as the sun dips over the horizon and be introduced to the very best restaurants and wine bars Florence has to offer. See the perfect cocktail being constructed then sip it down at aperitivo o’clock as you watch the world go by on the cobblestoned Santo Spirito streets. Savor artisanal truffle cheese and cured local meats paired with the perfect local vino. Watch a live demonstration of how to cook the ultimate Florentine steak, the Bistecca alla Fiorentina (then taste it, which is even better!). Need we say more? Our local expert guide will also regale you with stories, fascinating history, and a unique glimpse into the best part of Florentine life….the food of course!
Please note, on Sunday the Florentine steak is replaced by a traditional Tuscan meal: a meat-based primo and secondo (vegetarian option available).
You must be 18 years or older to participate in this activity.
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE
- Experience aperitvo o’clock in the hippest neighborhood in Florence
- Meet our favorite neighborhood deli owners and taste why it’s where locals go for artisan cured meats and cheeses
- Enjoy an interactive Negroni making demo and then sip on Florence’s most famous cocktail
- Savour iconic Tuscan starters paired with Chianti’s finest drops
- Witness a live cooking demonstration of the famous Bistecca alla Fiorentina (and enjoy every bite of it afterwards)
- Discover the local way to finish every meal – spoiler alert: it involves vinsanto and biscotti
- Wander down cobblestoned streets as your expert guide makes the city’s history come to life
- Learn the ins and outs of local food culture and how it differs from the rest of Italy (and why life in Tuscany is like no other!)
Tour bookings are fully refundable up to 48 hours before your tour date, and we can also swap you into a different tour if there’s availability. A change of plans is no problem.
Good to Know
Entertaining and personable English speaking guide
Food Lovers’ Guide: full of insider’s tips and details
What to Bring
Bring a bottle of water or you can purchase one at the meeting point
We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes
If rain is forecast, bring an umbrella as we will be outside for most of the tour
Get to the tour
Transportation to and from the food tour is not included, and we are unable to arrange this for you
Detailed information for how to arrive to the meeting point will be provided at time of booking
At the end of the food tour, our guides are always more than happy to call a taxi for you or point you in the right direction
EATING ITALY’S FOODIE GUIDE TO FLORENCE
Our Foodie Guide to Florence offers you insider’s tips on how to make the most of your visit. We’ve gathered together our favorite attractions, restaurants, bars and places to stay in Florence, as well as our very own shortlist of not-to-be-missed food and drinks!