REAL FOOD. REAL PLACES. REAL PEOPLE.
As recommended by 99% of users on TripAdvisor
6 WINES + 6 DISHES + 1 SOMMELIER = AN UNFORGETTABLE EVENING
Wine pairing isn’t as simple as “white wine with fish, red with meat”. There’s so much more to it, and we want you to come learn about the finer nuances of Italian food and wine pairing with us. Marco, our Italian Master Sommelier, guides you through 6 fine Italian wines – from sparkling whites to oaked reds to sweet dessert wine – that you’ll try pairing with everything from local, Roman pasta dishes to Tuscan meats and real buffalo mozzarella. You’ll learn how the right wine can enhance even the simplest of dishes (and how the wrong wine can have drastic consequences, too!). Join us for a truly educational dinner from the comfort of a Roman trattoria, which just happens to be slap bang in the center of town next door to the Spanish Steps – perfect for a post-dinner stroll! Taste your way through Italian food and wines in one delicious evening – one that we think will truly revolutionize the way you look at the art of eating!
You must be 18 years or older to participate in this activity.
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE
- Learn from one of only 100 Executive Wine Master Sommeliers in all of Italy.
- Be blown away when you taste how the right wine can transform a dish, and how even a great wine can ruin it if paired incorrectly.
- Walk away with the 4 most important wine and food pairing techniques.
- Take home your own essential Guide to Wine & Food Pairing so you can impress your guests.
- Indulge in a 6-course progressive meal at an outstanding Roman trattoria.
- Savor 6 exceptional wines representing all different regions of Italy.
- Enjoy the company of other curious foodies from all over the world in an intimate, fun setting.
- The more you actually eat and drink the more you’ll learn… wow!
Tour bookings are fully refundable up to 48 hours before your tour date, and we can also swap you into a different tour if there’s availability. A change of plans is no problem.
Good to Know
6 fine Italian wines
Entertaining and personable English speaking guide
Food Lovers’ Guide: full of insider’s tips and details
What to Bring
Bring a bottle of water or you can purchase one at the meeting point
We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes
If rain is forecast, bring an umbrella as we will be outside for most of the tour
Get to the tour
Transportation to and from the food tour is not included, and we are unable to arrange this for you
Detailed information for how to arrive to the meeting point will be provided at time of booking
At the end of the food tour, our guides are always more than happy to call a taxi for you or point you in the right direction
Eating Italy’s Foodie Guide To Rome
Our Foodie Guide to Rome offers you insider’s tips on how to make the most of your visit. We’ve gathered together our favorite attractions, restaurants, bars and places to stay in Rome, as well as our very own shortlist of not-to-be-missed food and drinks!