As recommended by 99% of users on TripAdvisor
Savor pastries, street snacks and tastings the Roman way – in ancient surroundings
Make the most of the whole weekend in Rome by taking a Sunday food tour where you can enjoy a range of tastings through the ancient city center and discover some of Rome’s most important sights along the way. Stop in at local food institutions and bakeries – where you will watch sweet delicacies made on the spot. Discover the history of the oldest Jewish community in Europe dating back to the Roman Empire, who were confined by the papacy to live in the Ghetto from 1555. Try iconic Jewish-Roman dishes like fried artichokes, and learn how they developed and influenced the local cuisine. Finish the tour with a gelato, made with the finest Italian ingredients, at a local institution. Join us for a glimpse – and more than just a taste! – of Rome’s flavorful culinary history in one of its oldest and most delicious food neighborhoods.
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE
- Visit a historic jewish pastry shop and watch as the chefs work their magic
- Experience Roman style pizza at a local institution
- Learn about Italy’s recent craft beer craze and sample some of our favorite local brews
- Have a breakfast treat the Italian way at an iconic bakery
- Sit down at a favorite Kosher-style restaurant for two Jewish-Roman classics done the real way
- Taste mouth-watering gelato made from the best ingredients
- Admire the layers of Rome’s architecture from the Empire’s greatest temple ruins, to stunning Renaissance fountains and Baroque masterpieces
- Gain important insights and tips into how to eat like a true Roman
Tour bookings are fully refundable up to 48 hours before your tour date, and we can also swap you into a different tour if there’s availability. A change of plans is no problem.
Please note: Tour stops, tastings and numbers of tastings are likely to change slightly to reflect seasonal produce, vendor opening hours and availability.
Good to Know
Entertaining and personable English speaking guide
Food Lovers’ Guide: full of insider’s tips and details
What to Bring
Bring a bottle of water or you can purchase one at the meeting point
We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes
If rain is forecast, bring an umbrella as we will be outside for most of the tour
Get to the tour
Transportation to and from the food tour is not included, and we are unable to arrange this for you
Detailed information for how to arrive to the meeting point will be provided at time of booking
At the end of the food tour, our guides are always more than happy to call a taxi for you or point you in the right direction
Eating Italy’s Foodie Guide To Rome
Our Foodie Guide to Rome offers you insider’s tips on how to make the most of your visit. We’ve gathered together our favorite attractions, restaurants, bars and places to stay in Rome, as well as our very own shortlist of not-to-be-missed food and drinks!