REAL FOOD. REAL PLACES. REAL PEOPLE.
As recommended by 99% of users on TripAdvisor
Rome is known for having some of the country’s most loved street food. From ancient classics like suppli’- fried risotto balls oozing with fresh mozzarella cheese- to the the trendy Trappizino- a hybrid of pizza and a calzone filled with signature Roman dishes like braised oxtail, you will enjoy them all. This unforgettable food and cultural experience will give you a taste of daily life in one of Rome’s most iconic neighbourhoods, Trastevere.
On this 3-hour stroll down Trastevere’s cobblestoned back streets we will indulge in the city’s best street food, at places locals still cherish and meet the colorful characters behind these classic eats and hear their amazing stories. If you are looking for a mouth-watering taste of Roman cuisine and culture, then share this unforgettable experience together.
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE
- Sample the fresh ingredients at one of Rome’s most historic outdoor food markets
- Meet the Polica family who have been selling meats and cheeses at Antica Caciara, their famous delicatessen since 1900
- Find out quickly why Romans love their suppli’ (mouthwatering fried risotto ball)
- Visit Trastevere’s King of Porchetta, Piero Iacozzilli, and taste his mouthwatering roast pork and amazing cheeses
- Meet Signora Vera, the neighborhood resident pastry chef for 40 years, and taste what she created fresh that day
- Try Rome’s hottest street-food trend, Trapizzino, a delectable pizza-dough treat
- Discover Italy’s craft beer scene and sample from a selection of over 40 local beers.
- Savor Rome’s best gelato, made on-site using the freshest ingredients.
Tour stops, tastings and numbers of tastings are likely to change slightly to reflect seasonal produce, vendor opening hours and availability.
Tour bookings are fully refundable up to 48 hours before your tour date, and we can also swap you into a different tour if there’s availability. A change of plans is no problem.
Good to Know
Entertaining and personable English speaking guide
Food Lovers’ Guide: full of insider’s tips and details
What to Bring
Bring a bottle of water or you can purchase one at the meeting point
We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes
If rain is forecast, bring an umbrella as we will be outside for most of the tour
Get to the tour
Transportation to and from the food tour is not included, and we are unable to arrange this for you
Detailed information for how to arrive to the meeting point will be provided at time of booking
At the end of the food tour, our guides are always more than happy to call a taxi for you or point you in the right direction
Eating Italy’s Foodie Guide To Rome
Our Foodie Guide to Rome offers you insider’s tips on how to make the most of your visit. We’ve gathered together our favorite attractions, restaurants, bars and places to stay in Rome, as well as our very own shortlist of not-to-be-missed food and drinks!