REAL FOOD. REAL PLACES. REAL PEOPLE.
As recommended by 99% of users on TripAdvisor
Trastevere is a neighborhood like no other. Its ivy-coated, cobblestone streets come alive at night earning it comparisons to Greenwich Village and Paris’s Left Bank. It’s where Romans choose to eat with their families on a Sunday and where young Romans go for buzzing nightlife at evenings and weekends. You can’t leave Rome without walking through these streets, tasting the best food on offer, and taking a million pictures of this amazing hotspot.
On this guided 4-hour walking food tour we explore this photogenic neighborhood by night. You’ll sample a sumptuous blend of Italian classics like pizza and pasta, real Roman street food, less-known meats and cheeses, and amazing wine in a secret cellar – its history will blow you away. Few activities in Rome deliver as many hidden surprises and enchanting moments as this, so be sure to join us for an unforgettable night in one of our favorite neighborhoods in Rome. Take advantage of Rome’s vibrant nightlife by walking through the streets of Trastevere with a local.
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE
- If you were shooting a movie in Rome, the iconic trattoria, Da Enzo al 29 would be your location of choice and their award-winning food isn’t half-bad either
- Tasting wine in Spirito di Vino’s wine cellar that is 150 years older than the Colosseum is not your run of the mill experience
- Fulfill your childhood dream with a visit to Rome’s famous family-owned cookie factory
- Visit Trastevere’s King of Porchetta and taste his mouthwatering roast pork and amazing cheeses
- Explore the tine laneways and hidden churches of Rome’s most picturesque neighborhood
- Sample homemade sumptuous pasta dishes amatriciana and cacio e pepe with wine at a local osteria
- Taste the gelato at Fatamorgana, the gelateria that brought “gourmet gelato” to Rome
- Try Rome’s favorite street food snack, the suppli’, at a hole-in-the-wall Trastevere institution
Plus: Experience true Roman nightlife, just like a local…
Please note that this walking food tour shares many of the same stops as the Trastevere for Foodies tour; therefore we do not recommend participating in both.
Tour bookings are fully refundable up to 48 hours before your tour date, and we can also swap you into a different tour if there’s availability. A change of plans is no problem.
FOOD HEROES YOU’LL MEET ALONG THE WAY
"If you ate our cookies 50 years ago, they taste more or less the same today. I used to watch my dad bake and it seemed so easy but in fact, far from it! Artisan products like ours require quality ingredients, but honestly, the most important ingredient is love."Learn More
"Gelato has been my favourite food ever since I was a child. Althought it's more work I prefer to make everything myself for my gelato: sauces, infusions...I want to make sure that everything is natural and fresh."Learn More
"I worked in the stock market for nine years... I gave it up to open I suppli with my brother in law and have never looked back"Learn More
Good to Know
Entertaining and personable English speaking guide
Food Lovers’ Guide: full of insider’s tips and details
What to Bring
Bring a bottle of water or you can purchase one at the meeting point
We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes
If rain is forecast, bring an umbrella as we will be outside for most of the tour
Get to the tour
Transportation to and from the food tour is not included, and we are unable to arrange this for you
Detailed information for how to arrive to the meeting point will be provided at time of booking
At the end of the food tour, our guides are always more than happy to call a taxi for you or point you in the right direction
Eating Italy’s Foodie Guide To Rome
Our Foodie Guide to Rome offers you insider’s tips on how to make the most of your visit. We’ve gathered together our favorite attractions, restaurants, bars and places to stay in Rome, as well as our very own shortlist of not-to-be-missed food and drinks!