REAL FOOD. REAL PLACES. REAL PEOPLE.
As recommended by 99% of users on TripAdvisor
Follow the backstreets from the Vatican to foodie paradise
There’s only so much you can fit into a short trip to Rome, so if your plans include both a visit to the Vatican and wanting to eat authentic, local food – we’ve got just the food tour for you! Our tour of the Prati neighborhood, just next to the Vatican, takes you down small backstreets to uncover locally loved places serving up a mix of traditional Roman classics and some of the city’s newest food trends like Trapizzino and Italian craft beer. Your passionate, local foodie guide will introduce you to all the friendly food artisans along the way and bring this undiscovered neighborhood to life.
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE
- Like a true Italian, start your day at a local specialty coffee shop.
- Pick your favourite filling for homemade cannoli prepared on the spot just for you
- Experience real Roman life inside a historic neighborhood food market
- Enjoy a selection of the finest cured meats and aged cheeses paired with vino sfuso – tap wine!
- Allow neighborhood personalities to indulge you in Roman specialties at their generation’s old stores
- Taste why Italy is the new darling of the European craft beer scene
- Discover why Trapizzino is Rome’s hottest street food craze
- …All this authentic food just a stone’s throw from the Vatican’s doors
Tour bookings are fully refundable up to 48 hours before your tour date, and we can also swap you into a different tour if there’s availability. A change of plans is no problem.
Please note: Tour stops, tastings and numbers of tastings are likely to change slightly to reflect seasonal produce, vendor opening hours and availability.
Good to Know
Entertaining and personable English speaking guide
Food Lovers’ Guide: full of insider’s tips and details
What to Bring
Bring a bottle of water or you can purchase one at the meeting point
We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes
If rain is forecast, bring an umbrella as we will be outside for most of the tour
Get to the tour
Transportation to and from the food tour is not included, and we are unable to arrange this for you
Detailed information for how to arrive to the meeting point will be provided at time of booking
At the end of the food tour, our guides are always more than happy to call a taxi for you or point you in the right direction
Eating Italy’s Foodie Guide To Rome
Our Foodie Guide to Rome offers you insider’s tips on how to make the most of your visit. We’ve gathered together our favorite attractions, restaurants, bars and places to stay in Rome, as well as our very own shortlist of not-to-be-missed food and drinks!